Cheow Lan Lake Raft House Adventure with Overnight Stay
1.0/51.0 out of 5
- Overnight stay in a rafthouse on Cheow Lan Lake
- Lake canoeing and nature watching
- Evening safari by longtail boat to spot wild animals
- Swim and relax in the fresh water lake
- Explore Pra Kay Petch Cave with stalagmites and stalactites
Overnight stay in floating bungalow
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Get picked up from your hotel in Ao Nang, Krabi Town, Ao Nam Mao, Klong Muang and Tubkaek Beach. The exact pick-up time will be confirmed by email after you have made the booking.
- If you stay at Railay Beach, we offer a pickup service from the boat ticket office at Ao Nam Mao Pier which is just a 15-minute longtail boat ride from Railay East.
- If you stay at Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas, please take the hotel shuttle boat to Nopparat Thara Pier in Ao Nang.
- You will sleep in a simple raft house with basic facilities.
- The Rafflesia only blooms for a few days a year, usually during January and February.
- During high season the tour cannot be cancelled due to high demand!
What you can expect
Experience the magic of Cheow Lan Lake in the Khao Sok National Park on a 2-day tour from Krabi including sightseeing by longtail boat, lake canoeing, caving and an overnight stay in a raft house lead by a knowledgeable English speaking tour guide.
The trip starts with an early pickup from your hotel in Krabi. Make a stop of 1 hour at Tha Pom Klong Song Nam where you can walk on a natural trail along the fresh water stream.
Continue to the suspension bridge of Khao Theppithak with a scenic view to the river and surrounding mountains. Then enjoy a Thai lunch at the jungle hut near the Khao Sok River. Drive further to Ratchaprapha Dam from where a longtail boat will bring you to the floating raft houses on Cheow Lan Lake in 45 min.
Check in at your raft house and take a refreshing dip in the lake. Explore the surrounding area by canoe before starting the evening lake safari. You are likely to spot hornbills which are commonly seen in the old-growth jungle trees at the water's edge. Back at the raft house, enjoy a dinner.
After a well-deserved deep slumber, do a sightseeing trip by longtail boat to enjoy the early morning mist on the still lake. It's now time for a rich breakfast to strengthen yourself for the next adventure. Follow a mini jungle trail into the breathtaking Pra Kay Petch Cave which winds deep into the interior of Khao Sok. Next you’ll strap on your headlamps. Prepare to get wet, as the hike extends through the “water cave” and soon becomes a dark wonderland.
Complete your eco adventure with a lunch before heading back to Krabi with drop-off at your hotel at approx. 17.00.
- 07:30 - 08:30: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 08:30 - 09:00: Drive by van to Khao Sok
- 09:00 - 10:00: Stopover at Tha Pom Klong Song Nam
- 10:00 - 11:30: Continue to Khao Sok
- 11:30 - 12:00: Visit scenic viewpoint
- 12:00 - 13:00: Enjoy lunch
- 13:00 - 14:00: Head to the pier at Cheow Lan Lak
- 14:00 - 14:45: Cruise by longtail boat to the raft house
- 14:45 - 15:00: Check-in at the raft house
- 15:00 - 16:00: Kayak on the lake
- 16:00 - 17:00: Free time for swimming & relaxing
- 17:00 - 18:00: Evening safari on the lake
- 19:00 - 20:00: Enjoy dinner
- 20:00 - 07:00: Overnight stay
- 07:00 - 08:00: Morning lake safari
- 08:00 - 09:30: Have breakfast
- 09:30 - 11:00: Mini jungle hike to Pra Kay Petch Cave
- 11:00 - 12:00: See stalagmites & stalactites
- 12:00 - 13:00: Enjoy lunch
- 14:00 - 14:45: Cruise back to the pier
- 14:45 - 17:00: Transfer to the hotel
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Social distancing measures in place
- Protective shields in place at main contact areas
- Masks required
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
More you might like for your dates
One Day Tour by Longtail Boat on Cheow Lan Lake from Krabi10h 30m4.4/5(3)Free cancellation available
Price is $95 per traveler