Alcatraz + Sausalito/Golden Gate Bridge Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
4.1/54.1 out of 5
- Chance to explore the cellhouses at infamous Alcatraz Island
- View of stunning San Francisco skyline from across the water
- Scenic ferry ride from San Francisco to enchanting Sausalito
- Trolley tour to explore charming Sausalito at your own pace
- Up-close views of the Golden Gate Bridge from both sides
Multiple meeting/redemption points available, see location information for full list
Sorry this activity isn't available on Sun, Sep 24
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- It is best to split this tour up between two days so you do not go to Sausalito in the late afternoon when it is more crowded. You will receive confirmation of the exact Alcatraz departure time after you submit your passenger list. This time cannot be changed and Alcatraz tickets are non-refundable.
- The date you chose on Expedia will be for your Alcatraz tour and the Sausalito/Golden Gate tour can be taken at any time on any date before or after your booked Alcatraz tour. We request morning departures to Alcatraz between 9:00-9:30, but in some cases we are issued tickets for a later time.
- For the Sausalito/Golden Gate Bridge portion of the tour, the first ferry from Pier 41 to Sausalito is at 11:20AM Monday-Friday and 11:10AM on weekends. The last ferry back to San Francisco is at 5:35PM Monday-Friday and 8:00PM on weekends.
- Hop-on Hop-off Trolley hours of operation are 10:30 AM–4:30 PM, departing every 30 minutes. The last trolley tour from downtown Sausalito departs at 4:00 PM. Each full loop lasts approximately 60 minutes.
- Alcatraz check-in is 30 minutes prior to the booked tour start time for the Alcatraz Ferry.
- There will be a tour packet waiting for you at the San Francisco Ferry Building with instructions, tickets and vouchers. This location is about one mile from Alcatraz Landing at Pier 33.
- Anyone 12 years and older is considered an Adult for this package. Children four years and under are complimentary.
- Alcatraz audio tour is available in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish. The Sausalito/Golden Gate Bridge tour is in English only!
What you can expect
Explore the history of one of San Francisco's most iconic landmarks—Alcatraz Island. After a ferry ride, travel back in time to the days of Al Capone and Robert Stroud at the site that housed the notorious criminals. Tour package also includes a ferry trip to the picturesque seaside town of Sausalito and a hop-on hop-off trolley tour that goes over the Golden Gate Bridge.
Board your ferry at Pier 33 and get whisked away across the bay to Alcatraz Island, the site that served as a prison for some of America's most dangerous criminals between 1934 and 1963. Step inside the cellhouse for an audio tour that takes you back in time.
Though the prison is rooted in infamy, the island itself is stunning, with rare flowers, nesting sea birds and 19th century buildings.
Either before or after your trip to Alcatraz, enjoy a scenic ferry ride to the charming city of Sausalito overlooking Richardson Bay. Scope out the seals playing in the water, visit an array of interesting art galleries and boutiques, or grab lunch at one of the area's spectacular waterfront restaurants.
Your tour also includes a hop-on hop-off trolley pass beginning in Sausalito. Sit back and relax as the bus takes you through the seaside town and then south to 2 vista points at the Golden Gate Bridge. Hop off and walk over the Bridge before getting back on to catch the return ferry ride back to San Francisco.
Bus route stops include:
- Downtown Sausalito
- Golden Gate Bridge North Vista Point
- Golden Gate Bridge South Vista Point