David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage and Giraffe Center Full-Day Tour from Nairobi
Spend the day visiting the David Sheldrick Elephant Orphaned Trust and the Giraffe Center, home to the Rothschild giraffe. You will also be taken to the Kazuri Beads Women's Factory.
Arguably, David Sheldrick Elephant Trust and Giraffe Center are the most remarkable conservation projects to date. The elephant project seeks to rescue and rehabilitate orphaned elephants among other animals and at giraffe center you learn about the endangered giraffe species, Rothschild giraffe. To cap this tour, you will visit Kazuri Beads Women's Factory. Kazuri means small and beautiful in Swahili. The beads are exquisite and every bead is special and unique, as you will learn when you visit.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Specialized infant seats are available
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Sheldrick Wildlife Trust
See baby Elephants and you will get close to them and also get a chance to adopt them.
Here we will be visiting the Roths child girrafe an endangered species where you will be able to feed it and have a close up with them as the same time learning more about the conservation activities of the center
Karen Blixen Museum
This is optional. If you require we are happy to drive you to this place at no extra fee. You will However pay your own entrance fees. The Karen Blixen Museum, located 10 km outside of Nairobi, Kenya, "at the foot of the Ngong Hills" is the former African home of Danish author Karen Blixen, famous for her 1937 book Out of Africa which chronicles life at the estate.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Gear and equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks required
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms