Day Trip to Cardiff via Train with Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
- Scenic train ride whisks you to historic sights of Cardiff
- Moats, ramparts & lavish interior of medieval Cardiff Castle
- Exploration of city by hop-on hop-off bus in spring & summer
- Behind-the-scenes Millennium Stadium tour in fall & winter
- Leisure time to shop & dine in Cardiff at your own pace
Tour with Standard Class Train Ticket
Select this option for standard train seating.
Tour with First Class Train Ticket
Select this option for premium train seating with refreshments served at your seat.
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Children 2 and younger are complimentary.
- Hop-on hop-off bus tour is available April–October. Millennium Stadium tour is available November–March.
- Tour departs from and ends at Paddington Station in London. You must make your own way to the departure point.
- Please note: The tour itinerary and order may change.
What you can expect
Hop aboard a comfortable train and head out of town to explore the charms of Cardiff on this full-day excursion. Pop between intriguing museums and cafe-lined lanes, visit Cardiff Castle, and—depending on the season—enjoy an exploration of the city by hop-on hop-off bus or check out Millennium Stadium.
Meet up with your guide at Paddington Station in central London and hop aboard your Cardiff-bound train. Watch pastoral landscapes and quaint English countryside pass by as you clatter out of town, and hop out when you arrive in Cardiff to start your excursion.
In spring and summer, catch a ride directly from the station in an open-top bus that loops around Cardiff's most notable sights and landmarks, like the the manicured gardens of Cathays Park or the hip shops and restaurants along the waterfront in Cardiff Bay. In colder months, eschew the bus tour for a special trip to the Millennium Stadium, where you can get up-close looks at the pitch where rough-and-tumble rugby players have competed since 1999.
Take the afternoon to explore the city on your own, making sure to leave time for a visit to the 11th-century ramparts of Cardiff Castle. Learn about the Roman fort that once stood on the same grounds and find out what invasions this well-preserved castle had to defend itself against before you head back to Cardiff Station for your return ride to London.
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, we have removed lunch packs on all of our tours for the foreseeable future.
- Paddington Station
- Praed St Praed St
- London England W2 1HQ