Day Trip to Tulum & Cenote
Live commentary in English. Please select this tour option if you wish to include pickup and drop-off at hotels in Cancun, Riviera Maya, and Playa del Carmen.
Live commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Children 3 and younger are complimentary.
- You must be able to walk on unpaved or uneven terrain.
- Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Cancun and Riviera Maya hotels (or meeting point if you stay in Tulum). Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- You will receive confirmation of your exact pick-up time when you call to confirm your reservation. Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- You must contact Cancun Sightseeing at least 24 hours before your activity date to confirm your reservation and arrange transportation.
- All Snorkeling equipment, life jacket and locker rentals are not included.
- An additional surcharge of 15.00 USD for Natural Reserve fee is payable on the day of your activity.
- If you are staying at Costa Mujeres area, please note that the tour operates on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
What you can expect
Travel back in time during a day trip to the mysterious Maya ruins of Tulum. Uncover the secrets of this ancient civilization as you tour the archeological site with a guide, enjoy some free time to dig your toes into the sand of Tulum's picture-perfect beach and then take a refreshing dip in a scenic cenote.
After you're picked up from your hotel, ride along jungle-fringed roads to Tulum, a walled Maya city perched on the coast above the crashing waves of the Caribbean. En route, your guide shares facts about the ancient Maya and the trade routes that crisscross the Yucatan.
Once you arrive, enter the archeological site to explore the mysteries of this fascinating and well-preserved city. Listen to theories about Maya rituals, worship, and daily life as you walk around the site's clifftop Castillo.
From the site, you can look out over the coast and Tulum's famous stretch of long white sand. After your tour, have some free time to take photos, go for a walk along the beach, or take a dip in the balmy turquoise waters of the Caribbean before exploring a mystical freshwater cenote.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travelers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Protective shields in place at main contact areas
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks required
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Individually wrapped food options available