Downtown Sedona & Desert Day Tour
Cleaning and safety practices
- Full-day tour of downtown Sedona & surrounding attractions
- Chance to visit an ancient Sinagua Tribe dwelling
- Awe-inspiring rock formations like Bell Rock & Airport Mesa
- Chapel of the Holy Cross, a church built into a rocky butte
- Fascinating art galleries & splendid shops in Sedona
Live Commentary in English.
Live commentary in English. Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Children 23 months and younger are not allowed.
- Car seats are required for children 7 and younger, weighing less than 40 pounds (18 kg), or shorter than 3 feet and 9 inches (114 cm).
- Car seats are available to rent for children age 2–5 for an additional fee that is payable directly to the supplier on the day of the activity.
- You may bring your own car or booster seat.
- If you have back, neck, joint, or muscular problems, you should carefully consider whether to participate.
- If you require medical equipment to be with you at all time you should carefully consider whether to participate.
- You must be able to climb and descend stairs.
- You must be able to walk on unpaved or uneven terrain.
- At least 4 people are required for this activity to take place.
- Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Phoenix and Scottsdale hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
What you can expect
Immerse yourself in the rust-colored cliffs of Sedona and spend a day exploring ancient Native American ruins, gorgeous natural formations in the desert, and art galleries bursting with incredible original pieces made by local artists.
This day trip features an ancient Native American dwelling from the Sinagua Tribe that existed along this busy trade route between 1250AD – 1425AD. During our tour, we will explore the ruins at Montezuma Castle National Monument, one of the best-preserved Sinagua cliff dwellings in North America dating back around 1,000 years.
After visiting the national monument, your tour moves further into the desert so you can experience the red-rock geological wonders up close. Stop to see the towering Bell Rock, the expansive Airport Mesa, and the Chapel of the Holy Cross. This Roman Catholic church was built directly into the center of a massive butte, tying the man-made with the natural in a magnificent combination you have to see to believe. You can also stop to check out Cathedral Rock, Snoopy Rock, and Submarine Rock..
Leave the desert behind as you head toward Sedona, where you can wander through art galleries and shops and enjoy the serene views while sipping a glass of wine on one of the town’s balconies. When it’s time to depart, the amazing orange, yellow, and red vistas you’ve been seeing all day are sure to have imprinted themselves forever in your mind.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travelers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks and gloves required
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitizer provided