Guided Iwahig River Firefly-Watching Cruise with Dinner
- Unique nighttime experience watching fireflies in Palawan
- Relaxing cruise along the tranquil water of the Iwahig River
- Magical sight of thousand of fireflies lighting up the night
- Educational commentary from your friendly expert guide
- Delicious feast of Filipino food on land or the water after
Tour with Cruise Dinner
Live Commentary in English. Includes firefly-watching experience and dinner at Ka Lui Restaurant.
Tour with Restaurant Dinner
Live Commentary in English. Includes firefly-watching experience and dinner in a floating restaurant.
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Children 2 and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Puerto Princesa hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
What you can expect
Witness magic on the water during a cruise down the Iwahig River, where fireflies light up the scenery around you. Catch sight of innumerable twinkling bugs in the mangroves that flank the river, and enjoy commentary from your guide before taking dinner to end your experience.
Pickup from your hotel takes you to the Iwahig River, where you board a boat with an expert and set out into the black of the night. Your journey is lit only by the moon—flashlights and other external sources can disturb the fireflies—but the darkness makes the scene all the more magical as you approach mangroves full of the glowing bugs.
Your guide takes you up close to the plants that emerge from the brackish water. Watch as entire trees light up in a brilliance with prompting from your guide. Clusters of the fireflies look like glittering ornaments on the trees, while individual bugs light up the night as they swirl around you. Your guide tells you about the significance and nature of the fireflies as you float, eventually circling back to your starting point.
After your magical river cruise, either visit a restaurant or a floating dinner cruise for a sumptuous feast of Filipino cuisine. Your tour comes to an end when you're chauffeured back to your hotel in Puerto Princesa.