History and Hauntings of Salem Guided Walking Tour
4.9/54.9 out of 5
Come and explore the rich, mysterious history of one of New England's most loved destinations Salem, Massachusetts. This ~2 hour walking tour brings to life the true story of Salem's storied past. We are a diverse groups of historians, teachers, professional artists whose passion for Salem's history is truly engaging. You will learn about Salem's rich past as a world-class seaport, hear hauntedly chilling tales of the supernatural, visit one of the most beautiful streets in America and learn of three hundred years of architecture, and find out the truth about the 1692 Salem Witch Trials hysteria. You will leave Salem wanting to plan your next trip back! Come and see why this the only tour you need while in Salem.
Dog friendly! Handicap accessible!
Tours run RAIN or SHINE. We do NOT cancel for weather. No refunds in October under any circumstances.
***Please note, we book up to 40 people per tour in October.
History & Hauntings Tour
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Infants and small children can ride in a pram or stroller
- Service animals allowed
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Comfortable walking shoes and jacket recommended
- Tours run rain or shine, we do not cancel for weather. No refunds for weather! Please plan accordingly.
- Please Note: Guests assume ALL responsibility, ALL Liability, and a photo release while on our tour.
- Dog friendly!
- Please note, we book up to 40 people per tour in October
- Wheelchairs are welcome, however, be aware that Salem has 400 year old sidewalks, uneven surfaces and narrow areas. Visitors assume all responsibility with wheelchairs and WCWT will not be held liable.
Salem Old Town Hall
All tours depart from Salem's Old Town Hall, on the three steps. A local historian guides you through the cobblestone-lined streets of this 17th century city by the glow of lantern light. Explore the driving factors behind the infamous Witch Trials Hysteria of 1692, meeting real practicing witches along the way. Learn about the rise of Salem as a world-class haunted seaport, creating some of the wealthiest families in its history.
Essex Street Pedestrian Mall
We will be strolling the cobblestoned streets of the Essex St Pedestrian walking mall. This is the very heart of Salem, which once was a Native American trading path. You will visit the site of the First Church of Salem and hear the haunting tale of the Lady in Blue.
Bewitched Statue of Elizabeth Montgomery
One of the most photographed sites in the city, the Bewitched statue will be your next stop. Learn how the locals *really* felt about this 9 foot bronze statue being dedicated in 2005. Why are their security cameras fixed on Samantha?
History & Hauntings Walking Tour of Salem, MA