Louvre Masterpieces: Comprehensive Tour with Skip-the-Line
Cleaning and safety practices
- Skip-the-Line: Less waiting, more art, history & culture
- Experience the legendary Mona Lisa for yourself
- Famous highlights and overlooked treasures
- Learn little-known facts about well-known masterpieces
- Freedom to explore the Louvre Museum after the tour
Skip the Line Group Tour
Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Children 3 and younger are complimentary.
- This activity is not wheelchair accesible.
- This activity is unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriers.
- All visitors over the age of 11 will be required to wear a mask in the museum, please make sure to bring your own mask to the meeting point or access will be denied.
- Social distancing rules and preventive measures must be respected in the museum.
- You must present a Valid ID and either proof of full vaccination (with an EMA-approved vaccine), proof of a Covid-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative test (PCR or antigen) taken no more than 48 hours before the activity starts. They must be presented in English or French.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
What you can expect
Visit the Louvre Museum’s must-see attractions and discover under-appreciated treasures in this semi-private comprehensive tour. Skip-the-Line access gives you more time to absorb all that the massive museum has to offer.
Your expert guide will share their passion for the collection, unveiling subtle details most visitors never learn about the works of art on show.
The ‘Mona Lisa’; the ‘Venus de Milo’; the ‘Winged Victory of Samothrace’. While they’re familiar the world over, no one can truly know these works without spending time in their presence. Your guide will explain their history, but only you can decide how these masterpieces make you feel.
Often overshadowed by the famous highlights, but no less significant as works of art, the tour features antiquities like the 4,000-year-old ‘Great Sphinx of Tanis’, other recognisable works by Da Vinci and Raphael, and highlights of the French Romantic period. Learn what people get wrong about Delacroix’s ‘Liberty Leading the People’ and decode the message of hope in Géricault's ‘Raft of the Medusa’. Sculptures by Michelangelo and Canova add another dimension to the experience.
Continue on to the Apollo Gallery, which houses the ornate royal crowns of Napoleon and King Louis XV and be riveted by the valiant tales of these inimitable leaders.
After the tour, you can continue exploring the Louvre. Revisit earlier stops armed with new knowledge or embark on your own journey of discovery.
This tour is specifically crafted to respect safety measures and social distancing. Wearing masks is mandatory inside the museum for all visitors from the age of 11, customers are requested to bring their own mask to the meeting point or access will be denied.
Cleaning and safety practices
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Masks required