What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Vouchers must be exchanged to a ticket upon arrival. Tickets will be timed for the next available tram car.
- This activity is wheelchair accessible.
- Monday–Friday, the first tram departs at 10 AM. On Saturday, Sunday, and holidays, the first tram up departs at 8 AM. Trams depart at least every 30 minutes.
- The last tram up is at 8 PM daily; the last tram down is at 9:30 PM.
- Hours of operation may vary seasonally; please check before you go.
- Children 2 and younger are complimentary
What you can expect
Ride up and over Mt. San Jacinto State Park in the world's largest rotating tramcars on the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway. Take in spectacular 360-degree views of Chino Canyon as you glide along a 2.5-mile (4-km) route, ascending 5,873 feet (1,790 m) up into the park, where a variety of recreational activities await you.
Step into one of the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway's rotating cars for a scenic, sky-high ride through the wilderness. During the 10-minute journey, gaze out at the valley floor below. At the top of the mountain, disembark to explore Mt. San Jacinto State Park at your leisure, scoping out the restaurants, observation decks, natural history museum, and documentary theater.
You can get some fresh air and exercise in the cool mountain air on 54 miles (86 km) of hiking trails, and check out the Adventure Center for seasonal activities like snowshoeing. Grab a bite to eat with a view, peruse the gift shop for a souvenir, and learn all about the history of the tramway itself before hopping back into a car to glide back over the Sonoran Desert to the valley below.
PLEASE NOTE: UPON ARRIVAL VOUCHERS MUST BE EXCHANGED FOR TICKETS. TICKETS WILL BE TIMED FOR THE NEXT AVAILABLE TRAM CAR AS A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Protective shields in place at main contact areas
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Individually wrapped food options available