Pittwater Discovery Tour with start point at Bayview Marina
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and minimum age is 12 yrs old. Each child or teen will need (1) adult each per double kayak.
- Bring a hat, sunglasses, comfortable quick-drying clothes suitable for the weather and a change of clothes for the trip home. Depending on the season, dress for both sun protection and warmth knowing all attire can get wet. This experience includes both kayaking and a short bush walk. Suitable footwear is recommended.
- The experience provider reserves the right to cancel the experience at anytime due to wind or weather conditions deemed to dangerous for the tour to proceed and will reschedule the tour on another date.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Returns to original departure point
- Departure time: 9:00 AM
What you can expect
After a half hour equipment orientation, we begin our approximately 1 1/2 hour paddle northward, around Scotland Island and into Lovett Bay, exploring Salvation Creek at high tide. Stopping at a little beach, we take a half hour bush walk to Lovett Bay waterfall and then enjoy a mid morning snack. Our return paddle is a leisurely hour paddle home.
• Paddlecraft Kayaks, 1714 Pittwater Rd, Bayview, Pittwater, New South Wales 2104 Australia
• Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, New South Wales Australia