Small Group Historical Walking Tour in Philadelphia with Expert Local Guide
Cleaning and safety practices
- Walk through Independence National Park and Old City
- Hear stories of the American flag at the Betsy Ross House
- Enjoy a surprise local treat with your guide.
- A small group of maximum 9 people
- Certified B Corp and Carbon Neutral Tour
Small Group Old City Walking Tour
Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Children 5 and younger are complimentary.
- Maximum group size is 9 people.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
What you can expect
Start your Philadelphia tour behind the Religious Liberty Statue just outside the National Museum of American Jewish History, where you’ll meet your guide and begin your Best. Day. Ever.
From here, we’ll take you back to the time of our nation’s founding, weaving your way through Independence National Park. Your guide will share knowledge of the most significant sites of the park, such as Independence Hall, Congress Hall, and Old City Hall, among other sites that were instrumental in establishing many of the country’s first institutions and ideologies.
Continue this Philadelphia city tour to a spot where (on weekdays only) we can grab a view of Maxfield Parrish's ‘Dream Garden’ mosaic mural and a possible excursion into Washington Square for stories of Philadelphia founder William Penn.
We then pass the Liberty Bell, where you'll hear about why this iconic symbol has become so famous all around the world. Just next door, you’ll enter the President’s House site, home to George Washington and John Adams during Philly’s tenure as our nation’s capital. You’ll stroll up through the grand stretch of Independence Mall, home to Independence Visitor Center, the National Constitution Center, the Bourse, and the U.S. Mint.
After passing by the gravesite of the city’s most renowned inventor, Ben Franklin, you’ll enter the charming back alleys of Old City with its unique art galleries, trendy cafés, and fascinating industrial architecture and where you’ll have the chance to grab a quick snack or a drink and relax with your guide — the perfect opportunity to ask any pressing questions you may have about things to do in the neighborhood after the tour.
Continue to be immersed in history as you venture past the Betsy Ross House and then down Elfreth’s Alley, the street famous for being the oldest continuously occupied residential street in the country.
Next, you may be treated to a visit inside Christ Church, where you'll hear stories of our founding fathers, sit where they sat, and learn about the birth of the Episcopal Church in America.
As this Philadelphia tour winds down, your guide will take you to their favorite local bar or restaurant. You'll get a craft beer (or soft drink if you wish) included in the price of the tour, and we'll say cheers to the beautiful city of Philadelphia.
Cleaning and safety practices
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Masks required
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Individually wrapped food options available
- Philadelphia PA
- Behind the Religious Liberty Statue at the southeast corner of 5th and Market streets 101 South Independence Mall East
- Behind the Religious Liberty Statue
- Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19106