D.C.'s finest monuments & memorials illuminated at night
Trolley ride with spectacular views during & after sunset
Photo opportunities at the White House & memorials
Historical tales & anecdotes from your onboard guide
Popular tour, frequently sells out
About this activity
What's included, what's not
Guided tour of Washington, D.C. monuments
Live narration in English
Cleaning and safety practicesSee all
- Masks required
- Vehicles and venues disinfected
- Personal safety equipment
What you can expect
See the amazing monuments of the nation’s capital lit by the glorious sunset and the spotlights that come on after dark. And do it all from the back of a green and orange trolley.
Board the waiting trolley as the sun sinks in the west. As you drive past the memorials of D.C., the sunset bathes them in its red and yellow glow, and their shadows grow slowly longer. Seeing the impressive Thomas Jefferson Memorial and Vietnam Memorial at twilight adds power to their commemorative message.
When the sun is gone, the spotlights come on to illuminate the city’s famous buildings. Now you see the grand buildings of the Capitol and White House lit up and towering above the city. Their structures stand out against the night sky in all their glory.
Through everything, your guide tells you historical facts about these landmarks, as well as some amusing anecdotes and spooky ghost stories.
It's one beautiful site after another until your trolley pulls back into Union Square.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Social distancing measures in place
- Protective shields in place at main contact areas
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Masks required
- Hand sanitizer provided
This information is provided by our partners
- Washington D.C.Welcome Center (at the corner of E St and 10th St NW)
- 1001 East Street Northwest
- Washington District of Columbia 20004