Willamette Valley Wine tasting Tour from Portland
Cleaning and safety practices
- Premier Willamette Valley wineries just outside Portland
- Tastings of signature Pinot Noir & Pinot Gris wines
- Insight into the production of cool-climate varietals
- Serene landscape of rolling hills & vineyards in the valley
- Cheese & crackers to nibble on while sampling various wines
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- You must be 21 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Hotel pickup is available from select downtown Portland hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
What you can expect
The Willamette Valley wine region, once known for its fruit orchards and nurseries, has become one of the United States' premier producers of cool-climate varietals like pinot noir. Start your wine country tour with hotel pickup from downtown Portland, and make your way by Sprinter Van to three wineries carefully chosen by your in-the-know guide.
Portland is the perfect hub for exploring quiet backcountry roads through Oregon’s wine country, with more than half of the state’s 500 or so wineries located about 45 minutes away in the nearby Willamette Valley. As you drive past towns such as Newberg, Forest Grove, Sherwood and Gaston, take in beautiful vistas of gently rolling hills that give way to the expansive valley dotted by the Cascade Mountains.
With your guide, visit three of the area’s top wineries, where you'll learn about the unique relationship between the valley's volcanic soils, elevation and protective microclimates — ideal for producing pinot noir. At each winery, taste a select group of varietals that will please even the most discerning palate, from reds like syrah, cabernet Franc and cabernet sauvignon to award-winning chardonnay, barbera and riesling. At one winery you will also enjoy a cheese and cracker platter.
After your wine-tasting experience, your tour ends with return to Portland for hotel drop-off.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travelers
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks required
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Individually wrapped food options available
- Willamette Valley Wineries
- Dundee Oregon 97115
- Select downtown Portland hotels
- 309 Southwest Broadway
- Portland Oregon 97205