Visiting Bar Harbor
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Bar Harbor, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port, lively bar scene, and beautiful parks. This city also attracts tourists with its seafood restaurants and local tours. Top sights in the city include Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor Whale Watching.
- There are 342 hotels and other accommodations in Bar Harbor
- The closest major airport is in Bar Harbor, ME (BHB-Hancock County - Bar Harbor), 8.6 mi (13.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bangor, ME (BGR-Bangor Intl.), 41.7 mi (67.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bar Harbor
Cultural venues in the city include Bar Harbor Historical Society, Mount Desert Island Oceanarium, and Maine Granite Industry Museum. Attractions like Bar Harbor Whale Watching and Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse, St. Saviour's Church, and Downeast Scenic Railroad.
In Bar Harbor, you'll find 342 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Primrose Inn - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and quiet location.
- Holbrook House - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hampton by Hilton Bar Harbor - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Bar Harbor include Acadia National Park.
Dressing for Bar Harbor
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 47°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 11°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 64°F as the daytime average and 16°F as the nighttime average
- Bar Harbor gets about 2.28 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 79°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 14°F