Visitors to Burlington are sure to enjoy the riverfront, casinos, and sporting events. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping. A top sight in the city is FunCity.
- There are 32 hotels and other accommodations in Burlington
- The closest major airport is in Burlington, IA (BRL-Southeast Iowa Regional), 2.3 mi (3.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Burlington
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Snake Alley, Lock and Dam No. 19, and Keokuk National Cemetery. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and such places to visit as McMillan Park and Saunders Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are FunCity and Catfish Bend Casino.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Burlington. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Evans Holly Grove Inn Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool.
- Cobblestone Inn & Suites - Fort Madison - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, quiet rooms.
Getting Around Burlington
If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Burlington Station, Fort Madison Station, or Mt. Pleasant Station. Burlington might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Burlington
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 15°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 16°F
- Average annual rainfall for Burlington is 40.51 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 18°F