Charleston Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from 16 low-priced motels in Charleston among the more than 2658 hotels and other accommodations. When you pick one of these budget-friendly accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
By saving on your room price, you can enjoy more of the attractions in Charleston. Not-to-be-missed sights include Charleston City Market, Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal, and Waterfront Park.
Fun fact: The word "motel" was coined in 1925 by the owner of the Milestone Mo-Tel in San Luis Obispo, California. Often just a story or two, motel properties usually have exterior corridors overlooking the parking lot or an outdoor pool.
Listed below are some of our customers' best-rated Charleston motels available to book:
Red Roof Inn North Charleston Coliseum
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of Charleston Tanger Outlets and North Charleston Coliseum and Performing Arts Center.
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Mt Pleasant - Patriots Point
- An outdoor pool and free WiFi are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a flat-screen TV.
- You'll be located within a 5-minute drive of Patriots Point and USS Yorktown.
Days Inn by Wyndham Charleston Historic District
- Enjoy access to the restaurant and outdoor pool, as well as room amenities like free WiFi.
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of Charleston City Market and Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal.
Motel 6 Charleston North SC
- It's located within a 10-minute drive of Charleston Tanger Outlets and North Charleston Coliseum and Performing Arts Center.
- An outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking are available during your stay.
Days Inn by Wyndham Goose Creek
- Stay within a 20-minute drive of Charleston Tanger Outlets and North Charleston Coliseum and Performing Arts Center.
- Enjoy access to the business center, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Things to Do in Charleston
Check out the prominent churches and enjoy the top-notch restaurants in this historical area while you're sightseeing. People who've visited Charleston love its shops, university life, and museums.
Here are some popular places:
- Charleston City Market
- Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal
- Waterfront Park
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Charleston Waterfront Park
- Riverfront Park
- Isle of Palms County Park
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- South Carolina Aquarium
- Blackbeard's Cove Family Fun Park
- Frankie's Fun Park
Charleston is also known for its:
Best Time to Visit Charleston
Determine the optimal time to visit Charleston by reviewing the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 68° F and nighttime temperatures average 42° F
- April-June: 87° F is the daytime average and 55° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 88° F and nighttime averages are around 68° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 78° F during the day and 43° F at night
- Average rainfall is 44.41 inches in a year
How to Get to Charleston and Around the Area
|Charleston, SC (CHS-Charleston Intl.) ||Airport ||9.4 mi (15.1 km) |
|Charleston Station ||Train Station ||7.5 mi (12.1 km) |