Visiting Sullivan's Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Sullivan's Island has to offer including the beaches, restaurants, and shopping. A top sight in the area is USS Yorktown.
- You'll find 2092 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Charleston
- The closest major airport is in Charleston, SC (CHS-Charleston Intl.), 14.2 mi (22.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sullivan's Island
A favorite place to visit in the city is Fort Moultrie National Monument. Additionally, you'll find USS Yorktown in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Sullivan's Island, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 1395 hotels and lodging options locally. These are other cities where you might find a place to stay:
- There are 680 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Isle of Palms, and sights to visit include Isle of Palms County Park and Isle Of Palms Recreation Center
- There are 96 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Mount Pleasant, and a top place worth a visit is USS Yorktown
Dressing for Sullivan's Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 50°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 64°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 82°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- About 49.76 inches of rain falls on Sullivan's Island each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 38°F