Find Hotels in Charleston, SC
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Aug 21, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Nov 24, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 23, 2020
Where to stay in Charleston
Charleston Historic District
4.5/5Wonderful!(3,245 area reviews)
Appreciate the authentic antebellum ambiance as you move between historical homes, museums, markets and waterfront parks on foot or by horse-drawn carriage tours.
4/5Very Good!(643 area reviews)
Travelers to Downtown Charleston praise its fantastic nightlife. If you've got some more time to explore, be sure to make a stop by Charleston City Market and Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal.
West Ashley is popular for its abundant dining options, and if you're looking for more to see and do, you might think about a trip to Citadel Mall or Charles Towne Landing State Historic Site.
Travelers to French Quarter praise its popular shops. If you've got some more time to explore, be sure to make a stop by Waterfront Park and Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal.
If you're spending some time in Ansonborough, South Carolina Aquarium and Charleston Gaillard Center are top sights worth seeing.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Charleston, and visitors give high marks for the churches, local tours, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its architecture, restaurants, and bars. Top sights in the city include Charleston City Market, Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal, and Waterfront Park.
- There are 1550 hotels and other accommodations in Charleston
- The closest major airport is in Charleston, SC (CHS-Charleston Intl.), 9.4 mi (15.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Charleston
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Patriots Point, Charleston Music Hall, and Charleston Gaillard Center. Attractions like South Carolina Aquarium, Blackbeard's Cove Family Fun Park, and Frankie's Fun Park are fun for kids of all ages. Its historic sites and churches are notable and landmarks include USS Yorktown, Magnolia Plantation and Gardens, and Nathaniel Russell House.
In Charleston, you'll find 1550 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- 86 Cannon Charleston - Adults Only - This 4.5-star guesthouse in Downtown Charleston features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Wentworth Mansion - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Downtown Charleston can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Waterway - This 3-star bed & breakfast in Riverland Terrace features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Other favorite sights in Charleston include Charleston City Market, Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal, and Waterfront Park.
Getting Around Charleston
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Charleston Station. Charleston might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Charleston
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 68°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 42°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 55°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 43°F as the nighttime average
- About 44.41 inches of rain falls on Charleston each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 44°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Charleston?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Charleston, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Charleston?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Charleston?
Where is the best place to stay in Charleston Historic District?
What's a favorite place to stay in Downtown Charleston?
What's the best accommodation when traveling with kids to Charleston?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic vacation in Charleston?
What is the favorite LGBTQ-friendly place to stay in Charleston?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Charleston?
Where is the best hotel to stay close to Patriots Point?
Recent reviews of Charleston hotels
More trip options
- Charleston Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Charleston Airports
- Hotels in Charleston Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Charleston Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Charleston
- More Hotel Options in Charleston
- Charleston Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in South Carolina
- Other Hotels near Charleston, South Carolina
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends