Travelers to Chattanooga give high marks for the must-see aquarium, beautiful waterfalls, and riverfront. This city also attracts tourists with its seafood restaurants, museums, and local tours. Top sights in the city include Tennessee Aquarium, Chattanooga Riverfront, and Ruby Falls.
- There are 277 hotels and other accommodations in Chattanooga
- The closest major airport is in Chattanooga, TN (CHA-Chattanooga Metropolitan), 6.4 mi (10.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Chattanooga
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Chattanooga Riverfront, Tivoli Theatre, and Creative Discovery Museum. Attractions like Tennessee Aquarium, Chattanooga Zoo, and Lookout Mountain Incline Railway are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Southside Historic District, Coolidge Park, and North Cleveland Church of God.
In Chattanooga, you'll be able to select from 277 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Bode Chattanooga - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Downtown Chattanooga can enjoy access to a bar and a café, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chattanooga North/Ooltewah - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and dining options at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Bluff View Inn - This 3-star bed & breakfast in Downtown Chattanooga features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
Other top sights in Chattanooga include Ruby Falls and Hamilton Place Mall. One of the popular sights outside the city is Rock City, located 5.4 mi (8.7 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Chattanooga
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 30°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 31°F
- Average annual rainfall for Chattanooga is 52.44 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 32°F