Visitors can enjoy all that Downingtown has to offer including the basketball games and forests. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. A top sight in the area is Longwood Gardens.
- You'll find 48 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Exton
- The closest major airport is in Blue Bell, PA (BBX-Wings Field), 25.3 mi (40.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Philadelphia, PA (PHL-Philadelphia Intl.), 27.4 mi (44.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Downingtown
A couple of favorite places to visit are Victory Brewing Company and Marsh Creek State Park. Additionally, you'll find Longwood Gardens in the area.
Below is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Downingtown Exton Route 30 - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Getting Around Downingtown
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Downingtown Station. Downingtown might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Downingtown
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 56°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 21°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 22°F as the nighttime average
- About 50.04 inches of rain falls on Downingtown each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°F