Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Ellsworth, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful parks, bustling port, and lively bar scene. This city also attracts tourists with its seafood restaurants and shopping.
- You'll find 344 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Bar Harbor
- The closest major airport is in Bar Harbor, ME (BHB-Hancock County - Bar Harbor), 7.3 mi (11.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bangor, ME (BGR-Bangor Intl.), 26.7 mi (42.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ellsworth
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the parks and such places to visit as Indian Point and Birdsacre Sanctuary. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and L.L. Bean Shopping Outlet is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ellsworth City Hall and Grand Theatre.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Ellsworth. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Ellsworth/Bar Harbor - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Patten Pond Camping Resort - With a stay at this 2-star campground, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a marina, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Ellsworth
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 47°F and the nighttime average to be 11°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 16°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Ellsworth is 1.85 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 14°F