Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Ellsworth, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful parks, bustling port, and lively bar scene. This city also attracts tourists with its seafood restaurants.
- You'll find 297 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Bar Harbor
- The closest major airport is in Bar Harbor, ME (BHB-Hancock County - Bar Harbor), 7.3 mi (11.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bangor, ME (BGR-Bangor Intl.), 26.7 mi (42.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ellsworth
Notable city landmarks like Ellsworth Congregational Church and Downeast Scenic Railroad might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the parks and such places to visit as Indian Point and Birdsacre Sanctuary. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ellsworth City Hall and Grand Theatre.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Ellsworth. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Ellsworth/Bar Harbor - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Patten Pond Camping Resort - With a stay at this 2-star campground, guests can enjoy access to a marina and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Ellsworth
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 47°F and the nighttime average to be 11°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 16°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Ellsworth is 1.85 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 14°F