Visiting Fort Walton Beach - Destin
Travelers to Fort Walton Beach - Destin give high marks for the beaches, fun sporting events, and lively bar scene. This city also attracts tourists with its seafood restaurants and shopping. Top sights in the city include Destin Commons, Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park, and Destin Harbor Boardwalk.
- There are 5485 hotels and other accommodations in Fort Walton Beach - Destin
- The closest major airport is in Destin, FL (DSI-Destin-Fort Walton Beach), 1.7 mi (2.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fort Walton Beach, FL (VPS-Northwest Florida Regional), 9.8 mi (15.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort Walton Beach - Destin
Cultural venues in the city include Emerald Coast Science Center, Destin History and Fishing Museum, and Camp Walton Schoolhouse Museum. Attractions like Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park, Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park, and Wild Willy's Adventure Zone are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Destin Harbor Boardwalk, Boardwalk on Okaloosa Island, and Okaloosa Island Pier.
In Fort Walton Beach - Destin, there are 5485 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Beachside Inn - This 3-star hotel in Crystal Beach features 2 outdoor pools, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hilton Garden Inn Fort Walton Beach - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- The Henderson, a Salamander Beach & Spa Resort - This 5-star resort in Crystal Beach features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 4 restaurants. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
Other favorite sights in Fort Walton Beach - Destin include Destin Commons, Silver Sands Premium Outlets, and Henderson Beach State Park. In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Chautauqua Vineyards, 28.7 mi/46.2 km from the city center, and Carillon Beach, which is 28.7 mi/46.2 km away.
Dressing for Fort Walton Beach - Destin
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 45°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 57°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 68°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- Average annual rainfall for Fort Walton Beach - Destin is 62.36 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 46°F