Mother Nature gives you an experience that's one-of-a-kind, so take a trip off the beaten path at Garrapata State Park.
Located in the city of Monterey, it is visited by tourists from many different parts of the world.
Don't spend half the day traveling across town if you can stay at one of the 5 hotels that are 6 miles from Garrapata State Park. Check out the Hyatt Carmel Highlands and Carmel Mission Inn.
If budget is a major issue, do yourself a big favor and stay at the Carmel River Inn. This hotel is not only inexpensive, but a short drive of 6 miles away too.
Other Places to Visit near Garrapata State Park
Before your flight heads out, get a taste of some of the other things to see and do that are in proximity to Garrapata State Park:
- Anyone that likes the beach will enjoy visiting Garrapata Beach.
- Wander through Gravity Garden to enjoy its rocky artistry. This popular tourist attraction just rocks!
- Go for a paddle, take a relaxed walk, play some volleyball, forage for beach treasures and possibly even enjoy a delicious picnic. The enjoyable things you can do at China Cove are only limited by your thinking!
- Anybody that loves the beach will definitely enjoy spending some time at Monastery Beach.
- Point Lobos State Reserve is a perfect place for a family day out. You and the kids can explore the outdoors as well as learn how this unique area is being sensitively protected.