Families will find kid-friendly activities in Greenville, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and lakeside setting.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodations in Greenville
- The closest major airport is in Terrell, TX (TRL-Terrell Municipal), 30.7 mi (49.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Dallas, TX (ADS-Addison), 43.7 mi (70.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Greenville
Cultural venues in the city include Hopkins County Museum and Heritage Park, Texan Theater, and Audie Murphy Museum. Families come for attractions such as Emory Livestock Auction, Splash Kingdom, and Hunt County Fairgrounds. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Lake Tawakoni, Cooper Lake State Park, and Lake Fork.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Greenville. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lake Fork Marina & Motel - This 2.5-star motel features a marina, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Best Western Plus Monica Royale Inn & Suites - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Clarion Pointe Sulphur Springs - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Southfork Ranch, 29.8 mi/48 km from the city center, and Lake Ray Hubbard, which is 29.2 mi/46.9 km away.
Dressing for Greenville
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 32°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 95°F, while the average at night is 48°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 98°F with nighttime averages of 59°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 33°F
- Greenville gets about 44.61 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 97°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 34°F