Families will find kid-friendly activities in Rockwall, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and entertainment choices. Top sights around the area include Southfork Ranch and Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden.
- You'll find 993 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Dallas
- The closest major airport is in Terrell, TX (TRL-Terrell Municipal), 18.9 mi (30.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Dallas, TX (ADS-Addison), 22.6 mi (36.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rockwall
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and Lake Ray Hubbard. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and The Harbor Rockwall Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, in the area you'll find Southfork Ranch and Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Rockwall. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Dallas Rockwall - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and beach locale.
- Hilton Dallas/Rockwall Lakefront - Our customers like the overall value and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Dallas-Rockwall - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Rockwall
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 49°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 98°F with nighttime averages of 60°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 34°F
- About 39.96 inches of rain falls on Rockwall each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 96°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 36°F