Families will find kid-friendly activities in Jackson, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. Rural and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices.
- There are 59 hotels and other accommodations in Jackson
- The closest major airport is in Jackson, TN (MKL-McKellar-Sipes Regional), 5.8 mi (9.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Corinth, MS (CRX-Roscoe Turner Field), 49.9 mi (80.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jackson
Cultural venues in the city include Trenton Teapot Museum, International Rock-A-Billy Hall of Fame and Museum, and Rusty's TV and Movie Car Museum. Favorite family attractions include Casey Jones Village and West Tennessee Delta Heritage Center. The city is notable for landmarks like Parker's Crossroads Battlefield, Denmark Presbyterian Church, and First Assembly of God.
In Jackson, you'll find 59 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Jackson - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and pool.
- Hilton Garden Inn Jackson - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Suites Jackson I-40 - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room sofa bed. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Dressing for Jackson
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 68°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Jackson is 53.27 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 30°F