Visitors can enjoy all that Kent has to offer including the waterfalls, art, and museums. Tourists can also enjoy the city's beaches and monuments.
- You'll find 41 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Torrington
- The closest major airport is in Danbury, CT (DXR-Danbury Municipal), 24.3 mi (39.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 24.4 mi (39.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kent
Cultural venues in the city include Morrison Gallery, Eric Sloane Museum and Kent Iron Furnace, and Seven Hearths Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Kent Falls State Park, Macedonia Brook State Park, and Lake Waramaug State Park. Additionally, you might want to add Bull's Bridge to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation to Kent, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 18 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the region:
- In Town, Walk to Everything, Close to Kent, South Kent and Marvelwood Schools is 0.2 mi (0.3 km) from central Kent. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Southbury can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Heritage Hotel Golf, Spa & Conference Center, BW Collection is 20.7 mi (33.3 km) from the center of Kent. This 2.5-star motel in Bethel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and room size.
- Best Western Danbury/Bethel is located 21.6 mi (34.8 km) from the heart of Kent. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Southbury can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
Dressing for Kent
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 15°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 17°F at night
- Kent gets about 46.61 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 17°F