Travelers to Kuta give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and relaxing spas. This city also attracts tourists with its temples and restaurants. Top sights in the city include Kuta Beach and Tuban Beach.
- There are 480 hotels and other accommodations in Kuta
- The closest major airport is in Denpasar (DPS-Ngurah Rai Intl.), 1.8 mi (2.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kuta
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Kuta Beach, Tuban Beach, and Segara Beach. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Mall Bali Galeria, Kuta Square, and Kuta Art Market. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bali Bombing Memorial and Dewa Ruci Roundabout.
In Kuta, you'll find 480 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Poppies Bali - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Downtown Kuta can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- The Stones - Legian, Bali - Marriott Autograph Collection Hotel - Our customers like the quiet location and WiFi at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Downtown Kuta can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- The Anvaya Beach Resort Bali - This 5-star hotel in Kartika Plaza features 5 outdoor pools, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Tanah Lot, located 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city center, and Legian Beach, which is 1.5 mi/2.4 km away.
Dressing for Kuta
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 91°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 68°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 91°F during the day and 71°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kuta is 1.73 inches
- Hottest months are usually November and April with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 69°F