Travelers to Macclesfield give high marks for the relaxing spas, top-notch restaurants, and lively bar scene. Welcoming and rural, this city also attracts tourists with its golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Old Trafford, Manchester Arena, and Whitworth Art Gallery.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodations in Macclesfield
- The closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 30.6 mi (49.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Macclesfield
A couple of favorite places to visit are Adlington Hall and Capesthorne Hall. In the area, you'll also find Old Trafford and Manchester Arena.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Macclesfield. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Stanley Arms - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room coffeemaker. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- The Church House Inn - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this inn. With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Ryles Arms - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Top places to visit around the area include Whitworth Art Gallery, 14.5 mi/23.3 km from the city center, and Manchester Museum, which is 14.9 mi (24 km) away.
Getting Around Macclesfield
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Macclesfield Station, Prestbury Station, or Adlington Station. Macclesfield might not have very many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Macclesfield
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 67°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- Macclesfield gets about 34.13 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 67°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F