Families will find kid-friendly activities in Mahwah, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and scenic, this city also attracts tourists with its shopping. A top sight in the area is MetLife Stadium.
- You'll find 18 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Mahwah - Nanuet
- The closest major airport is in Caldwell, NJ (CDW-Essex County), 16.3 mi (26.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Teterboro, NJ (TEB), 16.8 mi (27 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mahwah
Favorite places to visit in the city include Ramapo College of New Jersey, Campgaw Mountain Ski Area, and Ramapo Valley County Reservation. Additionally, you'll find MetLife Stadium in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Mahwah. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Mahwah - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Suites Mahwah - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Mahwah
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Mahwah Station. Mahwah might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Mahwah
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 20°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 23°F as the nighttime average
- Mahwah gets about 49.02 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°F