Visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting in Marquette, which is also known for its university setting and sporting events. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours and waterfalls. Top sights in the city include Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore and Hiawatha National Forest.
- There are 158 hotels and other accommodations in Marquette
- The closest major airport is in Marquette, MI (MQT-Sawyer Intl.), 13.4 mi (21.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Marquette
Cultural venues in the city include Upper Peninsula Children's Museum, Marquette Maritime Museum, and Marquette Regional History Center. Notable city landmarks like Marquette Harbor Light and Lakenenland Sculpture Park might be worth a visit. The lakeside and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, Hiawatha National Forest, and Presque Isle Park.
In Marquette, there are 158 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Pictured Rocks Bed and Breakfast - Amenities at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast include a private beach and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and clean, quiet rooms.
- Staybridge Suites Marquette - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- My Place Hotel-Marquette, MI - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a snack bar/deli, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Marquette
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 40°F and the nighttime average to be 4°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 21°F at night
- July through September averages 77°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 59°F during the day and 7°F at night
- About 35.59 inches of rain falls on Marquette each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 6°F