Visitors give high marks for the shopping in Midland, which is also known for its sporting events and entertainment choices. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art, museums, and cafés.
- There are 154 hotels and other accommodations in Midland
- The closest major airport is in Midland, TX (MAF-Midland Intl.), 8.7 mi (14 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Midland
Cultural venues in the city include Permian Basin Petroleum Museum, Wagner Noel Performing Arts Center, and Museum of the Southwest. The city is notable for landmarks like Ace Arena, George W. Bush Childhood Home, and Haley Memorial Library and History Center. The city's natural beauty is on display at Odessa Meteor Crater, Lakeside Park, and Big Spring State Park.
In Midland, you'll be able to select from 154 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Residence Inn Odessa - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Midland, TX - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Midland - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Midland
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 31°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 96°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 96°F with nighttime averages of 58°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 31°F
- Midland gets about 14.72 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 96°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 32°F