Milwaukee Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 6 affordable motels in Milwaukee among more than 322 hotels and other accommodations. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more cash to use on your vacation.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can enjoy all that Milwaukee has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Riverside Theater, Milwaukee Art Museum, and Discovery World.
Fun fact: Starting in the early 1950s, colorful neon signs were used as beacons for tired families on road trips, and today, examples of these can still be found along historic U.S. Route 66. At many motels, you'll often find free parking and an outdoor pool.
Below are some of Expedia customers' recommended Milwaukee motels to select from:
Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport
- Stay within a 20-minute drive of Harley-Davidson Museum and Marquette University.
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Value Inn Milwaukee Airport South
- Free WiFi, free parking, and a snack bar/deli are available during your stay.
- It's located within a 20-minute drive of Harley-Davidson Museum and Marquette University.
Comfort Inn & Suites
- Enjoy access to the fitness center, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Chalet Motel Mequon
- It's located within a 20-minute drive of Fiserv Forum and University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- A restaurant and free WiFi are available during your stay, along with room amenities like satellite TV.
Things to Do in Milwaukee
Take time to check out the area's entertainment choices and enjoy its scenic riverfront while you're sightseeing. People who visit Milwaukee love the festivals, live music, and breweries.
Here are some popular places:
- Riverside Theater
- Milwaukee Art Museum
- Discovery World
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory
- Cathedral Square
- Lakeshore State Park
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Milwaukee County Zoo
- Henry W. Maier Festival Park
- Best Place at the Historic Pabst Brewery
Milwaukee is also notable for its:
Best Time to Visit Milwaukee
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Milwaukee by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 48° F and nighttime temperatures average 15° F
- April-June: 79° F is the daytime average and 33° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 80° F and nighttime averages are around 49° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 65° F during the day and 17° F at night
- Average rainfall is 34.76 inches in a year
How to Get to Milwaukee and Around the Area
|Milwaukee, WI (MKE-General Mitchell Intl.) ||Airport ||6.3 mi (10.1 km) |
|Waukesha, WI (UES-Waukesha County) ||Airport ||16.8 mi (27 km) |
|Kenosha, WI (ENW-Kenosha Regional) ||Airport ||30.7 mi (49.5 km) |
|Milwaukee Intermodal Station ||Train Station ||0.6 mi (1 km) |
|Milwaukee Airport Station ||Train Station ||6.9 mi (11.1 km) |
|Sturtevant Station ||Train Station ||22.2 mi (35.7 km) |