Families will find kid-friendly activities in Modesto, and visitors give high marks for the fun sporting events, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals.
- There are 62 hotels and other accommodations in Modesto
- The closest major airport is in Modesto, CA (MOD-Modesto City - County), 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Stockton, CA (SCK-Stockton Municipal), 21.9 mi (35.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Modesto
Well-known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Gallo Center for the Arts, State Theatre of Modesto, and McHenry Museum and Mansion. Favorite family attractions include Boomers and Blue Diamond Growers. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Vintage Faire Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Modesto, there are 62 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Suites Turlock - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free Internet. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Modesto - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Modesto - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Modesto
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Modesto Station. Modesto might not have very many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Modesto
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 39°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 93°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 96°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 39°F
- About 12.71 inches of rain falls on Modesto each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 94°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 40°F