Travelers to Narragansett give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Fort Adams State Park, Rough Point, and Beechwood Mansion are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 59 hotels and other accommodations in Narragansett
- The closest major airport is in Newport, RI (NPT-Newport State), 11.4 mi (18.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in North Kingstown, RI (NCO-Quonset State), 11.5 mi (18.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Narragansett
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Narragansett Beach, Black Point Fishing Area, and Scarborough Beach. Taking a ferry is just one of the top activities, while Point Judith Country Club and Block Island Ferry are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are The Towers and Narragansett Indian Monument.
In Narragansett, you'll be able to select from 59 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Break - This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and pool.
- Blueberry Cove Inn - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and a library.
- Aqua Blue Hotel & Conference Center - This 3.5-star hotel features a golf course, 2 restaurants, and an indoor pool. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Fort Adams State Park, 7.1 mi/11.5 km from the heart of the city, and Rough Point, which is 8.1 mi/13.1 km away.
Dressing for Narragansett
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 23°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 53°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 25°F
- Narragansett gets about 48.46 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 25°F