Visiting New Braunfels
Travelers to New Braunfels give high marks for the riverfront, water parks, and entertainment choices. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, shopping, and breweries. Top sights in the city include Schlitterbahn New Braunfels Waterpark and Resort, San Marcos Premium Outlets, and Comal River.
- There are 929 hotels and other accommodations in New Braunfels
- The closest major airport is in San Antonio, TX (SAT-San Antonio Intl.), 24.2 mi (38.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Austin, TX (AUS-Austin-Bergstrom Intl.), 44.1 mi (70.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in New Braunfels
The city is well known for its live music and festivals, and cultural venues include Brauntex Theatre, Museum Of Texas Handmade Furniture, and Texas Agriculture Education and Heritage Center. Attractions like Schlitterbahn New Braunfels Waterpark and Resort, Wonder World, and Animal World and Snake Farm Zoo are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Gruene Hall, Faust Street Bridge, and World's Oldest Largest Pecan.
In New Braunfels, you'll find 929 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Lodge on Canyon Lake - This 3-star lodge features free WiFi, free parking, and a library. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its room size and walkable location.
- Kuebler Waldrip Haus Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and conference space.
- Creekhaven Inn & Spa - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in New Braunfels include San Marcos Premium Outlets and Comal River. Outside the city, popular places to see include Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch, located 13 mi (21 km) from the city center, and Natural Bridge Caverns, which is 13 mi/21 km away.
Getting Around New Braunfels
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from San Marcos Station. New Braunfels might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for New Braunfels
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 76°F and the nighttime average to be 38°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September averages 95°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 38°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for New Braunfels is 33.96 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 94°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 39°F