Visiting North Myrtle Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in North Myrtle Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, pristine golf courses, and entertainment choices. This city also attracts tourists with its seafood restaurants. A top sight in the area is Broadway at the Beach.
- You'll find 5008 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Myrtle Beach
- The closest major airport is in North Myrtle Beach, SC (CRE-Grand Strand), 2.9 mi (4.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Myrtle Beach, SC (MYR), 17.2 mi (27.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in North Myrtle Beach
Families come for attractions such as OD Pavilion Amusement Park, Mayday Golf, and Molten Mountain. The beaches and sunrises highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including McLean Park, Cherry Grove Oceanfront Park, and Russell Burgess Coastal Preserve. Golfing is one of the top activities, while Surf Golf and Beach Club, Beachwood Golf Club, and Azalea Sands Golf Club are favorite sights to visit.
In North Myrtle Beach, you'll find 2055 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- North Beach Plantation - This 4-star hotel features 5 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- La Dolce Vita Villas - Our customers like the beach locale and clean rooms at this motel. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star motel in Cherry Grove Beach can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- The Cottages at North Beach Plantation - This 3.5-star resort features 5 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Broadway at the Beach, located 14 mi (22.6 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for North Myrtle Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 48°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Average annual rainfall for North Myrtle Beach is 52.09 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 37°F