Travelers to Oceanside give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its churches. Top sights around the area include Legoland California and Carlsbad Premium Outlets.
- There are 483 hotels and other accommodations in Oceanside
- The closest major airport is in Carlsbad, CA (CLD-McClellan-Palomar), 8.8 mi (14.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Murrieta, CA (RBK-French Valley), 25.4 mi (40.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oceanside
Top activities include surfing and camping, while Oceanside Harbor and Oceanside Pier are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mission San Luis Rey Church and Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base.
In Oceanside, you'll be able to select from 483 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego Oceanside - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Courtyard San Diego Oceanside - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Top places to visit outside the city include Legoland California, located 8.3 mi (13.4 km) from the city center, and Carlsbad Premium Outlets, which is 8.3 mi/13.3 km away.
Getting Around Oceanside
With so many choices for transportation, exploring Oceanside is easy. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Oceanside Transit Center. You can learn about your options for water transportation at the local port.
Dressing for Oceanside
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 77°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- Oceanside gets about 12.72 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 40°F