Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Placencia, which is also known for its local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting.
- There are 112 hotels and other accommodations in Placencia
- The closest major airport is in Placencia (PLJ), 1.6 mi (2.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Independence and Mango Creek (INB), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Placencia
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Placencia Beach, Silk Caye National Park, and Maya Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Laughing Bird Caye National Park and Lagoon Caye.
In Placencia, there are 112 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Chabil Mar - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and beach locale.
- Naïa Resort and Spa - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this resort. With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Maya Beach Hotel - This 3-star resort features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Dressing for Placencia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 93°F and the nighttime average to be 67°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 96°F during the day and 71°F at night
- July through September averages 94°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 93°F during the day and 67°F at night
- Placencia gets about 1.69 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 95°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 68°F