History buffs will enjoy exploring Plymouth, and visitors give high marks for the seaside, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its museums. Top sights in the city include Plymouth Rock, Mayflower II, and National Monument to the Forefathers.
- There are 55 hotels and other accommodations in Plymouth
- The closest major airport is in Plymouth, MA (PYM-Plymouth Municipal), 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Provincetown, MA (PVC-Provincetown Municipal), 24.4 mi (39.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Plymouth
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Mayflower II, Plimoth Plantation, and Spooner House Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Plymouth Rock, National Monument to the Forefathers, and Burial Hill. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Brewster Gardens, Pilgrim Memorial State Park, and Nelson Memorial Park.
In Plymouth, you'll be able to select from 55 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Mirbeau Inn & Spa - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Above the Bay at Thornton Adam's House - Our customers like the quiet location and comfortable beds at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Blue Anchor Guesthouse - Amenities at this 2.5-star guesthouse include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its central location and comfortable beds.
Getting Around Plymouth
With so many choices for transportation, seeing all of Plymouth is a breeze. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Plymouth Station. You can learn about your water travel options at the local port.
Dressing for Plymouth
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 17°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 19°F
- Plymouth gets about 52.36 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 19°F