Visitors to Portofino are sure to enjoy the waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and monuments. Top sights around the area include Luigi Ferraris Stadium, Medieval Gates, and Chiossone Museum of Oriental Art.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodations in Portofino
- The closest major airport is in Genoa (GOA-Cristoforo Colombo), 19.3 mi (31.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Portofino
Notable city landmarks like Church of St. Martin and Castello Brown might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Paraggi Beach, Regional Natural Park of Portofino, and Portofino Regional Park. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Portofino Marina is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Portofino. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Belmond Hotel Splendido - This 5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and room size.
- Hotel Piccolo Portofino - Our customers like the convenient parking and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Eight Hotel Portofino - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free valet parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Luigi Ferraris Stadium, 14.9 mi/24 km from the heart of the city, and Medieval Gates, which is 15.3 mi (24.6 km) away.
Dressing for Portofino
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 48°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 60°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 42°F
- About 50.71 inches of rain falls on Portofino each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 42°F