Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jul 22, 2020
Where to stay in Prague
4.5/5Wonderful!(586 area reviews)
Known for its popular shops and acclaimed art galleries, there's plenty to explore in Prague 1. Check out top attractions like Charles Bridge and Prague Astronomical Clock, and jump on the metro at Staroměstská Stop or Karlovy Lázně Stop to see more of the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(961 area reviews)
The geographical and historical heart of Prague, this UNESCO-listed district features a tangle of cobblestone streets lined by Baroque churches, palaces and houses.
5/5Exceptional!(378 area reviews)
This handsome, historical neighborhood, filled with charming cobbled streets, cute courtyards, interesting museums and parks, is perfect for aimless wandering.
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,069 area reviews)
Dynamic and buzzy, this central commercial district is packed with cultural attractions, chic shops and ample dining and drinking options.
4/5Very Good!(70 area reviews)
You might take some time to check out the abundant dining options in Zizkov. Spend some time visiting top spots like Zizkov Television Tower, and catch the metro at Lipanská Stop or Olšanské náměstí Stop to see more of the area.
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Prague, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, renowned art, and cathedral. Tourists who journey to this culturally-rich city can discover its monuments, architecture, and local tours. Top sights in the city include Powder Tower, Estates Theatre, and Hybernia Theatre.
- There are 1680 hotels and other accommodations in Prague
- The closest major airport is in Prague (PRG-Vaclav Havel), 7.1 mi (11.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Prague
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Estates Theatre, Hybernia Theatre, and Mucha Museum. Attractions like Prague Zoo, LunaPark, and Sea World are fun for kids of all ages. Notable for its historic sites, monuments, and cathedral, the city's landmarks include Powder Tower, Municipal House Hall, and Church of Our Lady before Týn.
In Prague, you'll find 1680 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Residence Agnes - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Prague 1 can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- BoHo Prague Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Prague 1 can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Golden Well Hotel - This 5-star hotel in Prague 1 features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar. Expedia customers like its bar and quiet location.
Other favorite sights in Prague include Republic Square, Palladium Shopping Centre, and Kinsky Palace. A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Karlstejn Castle, located 14.7 mi (23.6 km) from the center of the city.
Getting Around Prague
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Prague is a breeze. You can access metro transit at Namesti Republiky Station, Mustek Station, and Staromestska Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Prague-Masarykovo Station, Prague Central Station, or Prague-Bubny Station.
Dressing for Prague
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 25°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 76°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- About 0.75 inches of rain falls on Prague each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 27°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Prague?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Prague, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Prague?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Prague?
What are some accommodations with pools in Prague?
What is the best spa hotel in Prague?
What is the best accommodation for staying close to Vaclav Havel Airport (PRG)?
Where can I find the best area of Prague to get out and enjoy the local nightlife?
What's it like to stay in Prague?
What should I see while I'm in Prague?
How should I get around Prague?
What's the weather like in Prague?
Recent reviews of Prague hotels
More trip options
- Prague Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Prague Airports
- Hotels in Prague Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Prague Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Prague
- More Hotel Options in Prague
- Prague Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Czech Republic
- Other Hotels near Prague, Czech Republic
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends