Visiting Rancho Palos Verdes
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Rancho Palos Verdes, and visitors give high marks for the seaside and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its golf courses. RMS Queen Mary, Venice Beach, and Aquarium of the Pacific are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2709 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Hawthorne, CA (HHR-Hawthorne Municipal), 11.9 mi (19.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Los Angeles, CA (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.), 13.4 mi (21.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rancho Palos Verdes
Favorite places to visit in the city include Wayfarers Chapel, Marineland, and Point Vicente Lighthouse. Additionally, in the area you'll find RMS Queen Mary and Venice Beach.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Rancho Palos Verdes. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Terranea - L.A.'s Oceanfront Resort - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 4 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- Americas Best Value Inn-Rancho Palos Verdes - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this motel. This 2-star motel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
Top places to see outside the city include Aquarium of the Pacific, located 9.8 mi (15.7 km) from the city center, and Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center, which is 10 mi/16 km away.
Dressing for Rancho Palos Verdes
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 68°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 46°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 46°F as the nighttime average
- About 13.78 inches of rain falls on Rancho Palos Verdes each year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F