We stayed at this hotel two years ago and went out of our way to stay here again. The location is amazing and the room is lovely but I wasn't happy with our stay and won't book again:
1. We had no working outlets in our room the first night so phones could not be charged. Since there was one at reception we had to wait until the next morning for power
2. The wireless internet is basically non-existent (the connection was so poor and intermittent).
3. The hotel car service we paid 50 euro for to pick us up at the airport and bring us to the hotel stopped across the bridge from the hotel - claiming that the roads near the hotel were too small to drive down. We knew this was a lie when we saw other cars on the hotel road
4. There was no secure/guarded area to store bags after the 10am checkout. The owners said to leave the bags in the hotel reception/common area but there was no one present (even though the information said reception was open 9-3pm) and while they said bags would be secure everyone who was staying there had access to our luggage if they pleased since there was no closet or locked storage area. We didn't feel like this was good enough so we had to pay to store them at a luggage storage place nearby.
It's a charming spot and I want to love it but too many negative moments this time that I can't let slide.
Comment from Hotel Management
Jun 9, 2016 by Anna, Hotel Management
thank you very much for your kind review.
I'm really sorry to hear this.
We do our best to make your stay memorable and I'm glad that you enjoyed and that you came back.
I try to answer point by point in order to clarify the most of some issues that have caused you discomfort and dissatisfaction, and for which I'm really sorry:
1) All outlets in your room was perfectly working until you used your phone adaptor that had a too high voltage and it caused a breaking fuse !Before using electric things you should be carefull to the voltage of them! Before using electric things you should be carefull to the voltage of them! But we fix it immediately.
2) we have 3 access wifi and with last one used for emergency, you can be connected at Reception net(24hrs)
3)Our guest house is located in a pedestrian area where cars cannot enter, so usually our driver leaves the car closeby (1 minutes walking) and comes with you till our door and he helps you with the bags. This time he couldn't do it because there was a marathon and a lot of streets were closed, and he left you 1 minutes walking away without comes with you.
4) We haven't a store baggages at payment, but our reception area is safe, we have insurance for this, we have a recording camera and only our guests can come in with keys, our houskeeping is there and the staff of reception too ( and we never had any problem). But if you don't feel safe I think is good to pay for a deposit.