Families will find kid-friendly activities in Roseville, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping, and casinos. This city also attracts tourists with its bars, live music, and theaters. Golden1Center, Fort Sutter State Historical Park, and California State Capitol are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 230 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sacramento
- The closest major airport is in Sacramento, CA (SMF-Sacramento Intl.), 16.9 mi (27.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Marysville, CA (MYV-Yuba County), 28.2 mi (45.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Roseville
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and Maidu Museum is a local cultural venue. Favorite family attractions include Placer County Fairgrounds and Golfland Sunsplash. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Fountains at Roseville and Westfield Galleria at Roseville.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Roseville. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Roseville - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Sacramento Roseville - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its WiFi and comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Golden1Center, 16.6 mi/26.7 km from the heart of the city, and Fort Sutter State Historical Park, which is 16 mi/25.7 km away.
Getting Around Roseville
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Roseville Station. Roseville might not have very many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Roseville
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 69°F and the nighttime average to be 40°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 94°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 40°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Roseville is 19.84 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 41°F