Visitors can enjoy all that Sayil has to offer including its museums. There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Merida, Yucatan (MID-Manuel Crescencio Rejon Intl.), 52.3 mi (84.1 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Sayil
A favorite place to visit in the city is Eco Museum of Cacao. In the area, you'll also find Governors Palace and Pyramid of the Magician.
As you start planning for your getaway to Sayil, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 8 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- La Casa del Mago is 15.9 mi (25.5 km) from the center of Sayil. This 2.5-star hotel in Santa Elena features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Uxmal Resort Maya is located 16.7 mi (26.8 km) from the heart of Sayil. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Muna can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
- Hacienda Uxmal Plantation & Museum is 15.9 mi (25.6 km) from central Sayil. This 3.5-star resort in Santa Elena features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its dining options and clean rooms.
Dressing for Sayil
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 93°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 65°F
- From April to June, the average is 97°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 91°F as the daytime average and 65°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Sayil is 40.94 inches
- May and June are usually the hottest months averaging 96°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 65°F