Visiting State College
Families will find kid-friendly activities in State College, and visitors give high marks for the college vibe, fun sporting events, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, shopping, and bars. A top sight in the city is Bryce Jordan Center.
- There are 104 hotels and other accommodations in State College
- The closest major airport is in State College, PA (SCE-University Park), 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Altoona, PA (AOO-Blair County), 42.2 mi (67.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in State College
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and cultural venues include Palmer Museum of Art, Pennsylvania Military Museum, and Rowland Theatre. The city is notable for landmarks like Woodward Cave, Boal Mansion Museum, and American Philatelic Center. The city's natural beauty is on display at Penn's Cave, Bald Eagle State Park, and Black Moshannon State Park.
In State College, you'll be able to select from 104 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Reynolds Mansion Bed and Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Nature Inn At Bald Eagle - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Queen, A Victorian Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in State College include Bryce Jordan Center.
Getting Around State College
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Lewistown Junction Station. State College may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for State College
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 20°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 21°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for State College is 39.63 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 21°F