Visiting Thatch Caye
Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Thatch Caye has to offer. There are 48 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Dangriga (DGA), 10 mi (16.1 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Placencia (PLJ), 28.7 mi (46.2 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Thatch Caye
A favorite place to visit in the city is Belize Barrier Reef. In the area, you'll also find Man O' War Caye and Twin Cayes.
As you plan for your vacation to Thatch Caye, you might not find the perfect accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 48 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Thatch Caye, a Muy'Ono Resort is located in central Thatch Caye. Guests who stay at this 3-star lodge in Thatch Caye can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Almond Beach Resort at Jaguar Reef is located 0.3 mi (0.5 km) from the heart of Thatch Caye. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star resort in Hopkins can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a private balcony. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Lodge at Jaguar Reef is 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from the center of Thatch Caye. This 3.5-star resort in Hopkins features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Dressing for Thatch Caye
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 67°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 73°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 73°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 67°F
- Average annual rainfall for Thatch Caye is 75.00 inches
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 68°F