Visiting Vero Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Vero Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and fun sporting events. Top sights in the city include Holman Stadium at Dodgertown, McKee Botanical Garden, and Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 661 hotels and other accommodations in Vero Beach
- The closest major airport is in Vero Beach, FL (VRB-Vero Beach Municipal), 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Stuart, FL (SUA-Witham Field), 33.5 mi (54 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vero Beach
Cultural venues in the city include Vero Beach Theatre, Riverside Theatre, and Sunrise Theater. The city is notable for landmarks like Vero Train Station, Hallstrom Farmstead, and St. Lucie Village Heritage Park. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: McKee Botanical Garden, Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge, and Sebastian Inlet State Park.
In Vero Beach, you'll be able to select from 661 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Davis House Inn - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a marina, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Jensen Beach Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Old Colorado Inn - This 3.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Vero Beach include Holman Stadium at Dodgertown.
Dressing for Vero Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 51°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 59°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 86°F during the day and 52°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Vero Beach is 56.86 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 53°F